We provide perinatal care for the pregnant and postpartum woman—and, by the way, postpartum is forever!
Although women do commonly experience difficulty/dysfunction during this postpartum time frame, your “new normal” as a mother should not include pain or involve peeing your pants!
Common symptoms we can help with include:
- Lower back pain
- Sciatica & SI joint dysfunction
- Pubic pain
- Mid-back and/or neck pain
- Core/abdominal weakness causing difficulty returning to daily activities
- Urinary incontinence when you cough, laugh, sneeze, jump or run
- Difficulty getting back to running and/or exercising safely
- Separation of the abdominal muscles causing a “pooch” (diastasis recti)
- Caesarian & vaginal delivery rehabilitation
We provide a variety of services to support women during this transitional time (that we like to call matrescence) and help them feel like the strong and powerful mother that they are!
Our services include:
- Pregnancy/postpartum massage for improved comfort or pain relief
- Pelvic floor therapy for decreased pain and improved urinary continence
- Corrective exercises for improved core strength postpartum
Other women’s health issues treated:
- Hysterectomy rehabilitation
- Mastectomy/reconstructive surgery rehabilitation
Women’s Health Downloadable Forms:
- Bladder Diary
- Bladder Irritants
- Dream Visitor Door Hanger
- The Questionnaire for Female Urinary Incontinence Diagnosis (QUID)
Jennifer Clarkson DPT, L/CNMT, RYT
Jennifer is a Doctor of Physical Therapy, Licensed Massage Therapist, Neuromuscular Therapist and Registered Yoga Instructor. She is certified in Integrative Pregnancy Massage through Dr. Deanine at Whole Person Healing. She combines her anatomical and kinesthetic knowledge from her physical therapy background with her soft tissue knowledge from her massage background to help women feel better in their bodies. In her sessions with prenatal and postpartum women, she utilizes:
- Ergonomic education
- Corrective exercises
- Massage techniques
Her massage techniques include:
- Deep tissue massage
- Myofascial release
- Neuromuscular therapy and trigger point release
- Practitioner assisted stretching
Alisha Sexton LMT, CLC, MUTU Pro™
Alisha’s approach is wholistic as she utilizes a variety of techniques including Swedish Massage, Neuromuscular and Trigger Point Therapy, Myofascial Release, Stretching, Cupping, Breath work and Corrective Exercise to aide the body in relaxation, pain relief, and healing. After her amazing birth experience at Birthways Family Birth Center, she was inspired to work with pregnant and postpartum mothers. As a certified lactation counselor, certified pregnancy massage therapist, and certified MUTU Pro™ Alisha is able to offer a wealth of integrative knowledge and support to pregnant and postpartum mothers to enable them to experience a joyous childbirth and postpartum.Book Now
Sabrina Malloch LMT
Sabrina has always had a passion for healing. In 2004, she discovered her purpose and path to helping others in the form of massage therapy. Her education began at Keiser University where she graduated with her Associates Degree of Applied Science in Allied Health.
Since graduating and attaining her License in Massage Therapy, Sabrina has taken copious amounts of continuing education in the massage field. She offers a wide range of treatment options including: cupping, hot stone therapy, table-Thai massage, Swedish, deep tissue, myo-fascial release, neuromuscular therapy, sports massage, prenatal massage, and more.
She received the award for “Top Requested Therapist,” multiple time while working at some of Florida’s premium salons.
Sabrina is certified in pregnancy massage and specializes in deep tissue massage for pain relief during pregnancy.Book Now